Let’s be honest, I can rationalize my way into or out of basically anything. Which means, if I don’t have clear goals and rules I will worm my way out of this fast as soon as this gets hard and pretend I was successful.
So here is the big rule:
1. No money spent on quilting stuff from May 8th, 2018 to January 1, 2019
I’m already asking myself if amazon points and gift cards I didn’t pay for count as money…I’m going with “yes” for now…see what I mean about worming my way out?
1. I am free to accept fabric/quilty stuff as gifts (because Christmas and my wedding anniversary are included in that time)
2. Day to day maintenance stuff life needles, thread, rotary blades, etc. are fair game
1. Keep quilting as an act of mindfulness and creativity which adds beauty to my life
2. Discover how much quilting I can reasonably fit into my life at this age/stage
3. Focus my attention on what I have vs what I see. (that seems like a more inspiring way to say “sew from my stash”)
4. Find my voice as a maker and writer rather than trying to be like the people I admire
5. Do something about my growing pile of WIPs.